Afro Hair & Beauty Live, London
With over 60 exhibitors, Afro Hair & Beauty LIVE is the biggest hair and beauty experience for men and women of colour. Melanin was popping all over the Business Centre in Islington on what was another sunny bank holiday in London.
Afro Hair & Beauty LIVE fulfilled their promise of showcasing African brands. They successfully challenged beauty standards?with brands such as Sibahle Collection.?This innovative toy brand showcasing their vanilla scented afro-haired doll range and afro textured hair brand, Bounce Essentials Hair. The dolls and the hair extensions both born from creating a solution to a personal desire to have hair extensions that were, similar to their natural hair textures.
The live show featured big, well-known brands like Palmer?s, Camille Rose Naturals and As I Am. Popular global brands such as Luster?s, Mielle Organics, Avlon and Cantu, offering free expert tips and advice.
However, we want to shout out some of the smaller UK hair and accessories brands present at the show:
- Jamaican Roots Official [interview coming soon]
- Niyo Hair Official [interview coming soon]
- Knots UK
- Sheer Chemistry?
- The Black Hair Book [interview coming soon]
- UK Black Business Show
- Event organiser, Chantel of What’s My Hair Type
- The Kink Back hosted alongside Treasure Tress and hair influencer, Hair Is Simba.
Black British Bloggers at Afro Hair & Beauty Live:
Not forgetting some of our blog sisters
- Afro Glory
- Saabirah Lawrence ? check out her latest post on how black brands and influencers can work together
- Moments with M
- Birmingham fitness vlogger
- Corporately Kinky – Dionnesse
Congratulations to the winners of our Instagram competition?who won tickets to their show.
What are your thoughts on the Afro Hair & Beauty Live being the biggest show? Let us know in the comments.
Follow us on Instagram.