About Hair Popp
The Hair Popp mission is to get quality independent haircare into as many homes across the globe.
Hair Popp is a digital lifestyle brand, making it easier and more convenient for people to shop for natural hair care online. We created Hair Popp to connect brands to a global consumer base by offering a different kind of e-commerce solution, driven by discovery and mirroring the best online and offline shopping experiences. Find out more about us, here www.hairpopp.com/about
Do you love soca, sun, cocktails, good vibes etc? If so, read on…
We’re building a three-month project team of freelance creatives to bring to life the Hair Popp Roadshow as well as preparing for our concept store.
We are looking for an experienced freelance copywriter, to assist with all aspects of written content creation across Hair Popp – from whipping up engaging e-newsletters to creating engaging blog posts.
The ideal candidate has worked with black hair, afro hair and natural hair brands across a range of projects. This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real impact as part of a diverse team of experienced, motivated people, who all really care about culture, independent business, natural hair, and good vibes. Creative flair and the ability to complete tasks to a high quality in a timely manner are essential skills for this project.
The Hair Popp Roadshow kicks off in June 2021, so we’ve got lots of communications to go out before, during, and after. It’s going to be a whole vibe and we’re keen to bring in the experts to make sure we all have a great time.
We’ve popped up in places like Facebook HQ, CurlyTreats Festival, and Return To Your Roots and held numerous brand activations in Birmingham. To get an idea of what we have done and our others in our industry, check out our events page: www.hairpopp.com/hair-events
- Creating original and engaging Hair Popp content for our owned media (blogs, emails, sponsorship packs, e-newsletter, promotional booklet)
- Collaborating closely with the CEO to write copy that aligns with Hair Popp’s tone of voice
- Proofreading content across all forms of communication
- Attending and contributing to regular marketing strategy sessions
- Passionate about Black hair and beauty
- Demonstrable command and understanding of the English language (including spelling, grammar and punctuation)
- Proven experience writing compelling and creative copy and collaborating effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to follow brand guidelines and deliver the tone of voice across all comms
- The capability to manage your own workload and balance multiple projects to tight deadlines through regular prioritisation & check-ins with the CEO
- Comfortable thinking on your feet, taking initiative and thriving in a fast-moving environment
- Understanding of SEO copywriting skills
- Bonus if you have experience copywriting for Black hair and beauty brands
- Flexible working hours
- Mentoring and supporting you with your own startup idea and side hustle
- A good vibes working culture that is energetic, collaborative and hardworking
- 15% discount off www.hairpopp.com
- Send us your CV, cover letter and examples of written work you’ve produced that can be transferred to the Hair Popp tone of voice
- We’ll review completed applications and get back to you within 7 working days
- Informal online interview
At Hair Popp, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Hair Popp website page link: https://www.hairpopp.com/join-the-team